My client – one of the industry’s leading global investment managers – is assembling a strong Quant Technology team to build their next generation of in-house analytics and trading support tools. This team will develop and maintain the in-house models and pricing libraries, providing firm-wide live risk and Profit&Loss analysis to support global trading in Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit, commodities and FX products.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the leading hedge funds in the world and enter the fast-growing world of FinTech, learning from the best in the field how it is done at the highest levels. Offering a fast-paced environment with excellent international growth opportunities, you’ll gain exposure to world-class financial technologies and global markets.
- Take part in the development and enhancement of the back-end distributed system, providing continuous and uninterrupted Risk and Profit&Loss information to Portfolio Managers and Risk Officers.
- Manage a small team of Python back-end developers while continuing to work at least 50% hands-on.
- Work closely with Quant researchers and developers, tech teams, middle office and trading teams in Tel Aviv and New York / Miami.
- Build micro services on top of the new analytics library and integrate it into the existing system, using the latest technologies.
- Substantial experience developing in Python (at least 7 years development experience, at least 2 years in Python).
- Proven ability with technical leadership making critical design decisions
- Previous experience managing a team / leading developers on projects
- Experience in Client-Server, Distributed computing and Microservices design patterns
- Experience developing and maintaining back-end distributed system.
- Good understanding of various Design Patterns, Algorithms & Data structures
- Experience working with Git / GitHub
- B.A. in computer science or another quantitative field
- Strong problem-solving capabilities & analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Experience working in a production environment.
Additional valuable skills (nice to have, but not essential)
- Experience with any of the following:
- NoSQL like MongoDB
- asynchronous programming in python and use of the asyncio library
- reactive and/or functional programming
- Linux environment
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
- Java or C++ (including modern C++ standards)
- Cross Asset Pricing and Risk Systems, financial mathematics and statistics, or the financial industry