Functional Software Engineer – London
In this role, you will be a hands-on software developer working primarily in Scala, Java, Haskell and Kotlin (although developers from any OO background will be considered). You will be working in a well-funded startup where your work will have a large and immediate impact on the business.
Everything you build has to scale. You will have strong communication skills to be able to argue a point concisely as well as working collaboratively with all other members. You will partner with neighbouring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly-scalable software-defined network systems.
This company was founded in 2014 and is a thriving startup building disruptive distributed ledger technology for the FinTech industry. They are hiring the brightest developers, with a real interest in technology, to work on their core platform which is entirely open source.
They’re willing to pay whatever it takes for the right developers and offer competitive company benefits. Their global ecosystem comprises of over 200 companies, making it the largest collaboration of its kind in the blockchain space.
- Use of strong, collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, refactoring and related approaches, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Haskell and Kotlin (Any OO considered)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Open source and functional enthusiast!
- Proficient with REST APIs, ETL and Data Processing (Nice to have)
- Experience in multi-threaded programming (Nice to have)
- Experience in distributed systems design and development (Nice to have)
- Financial benefits, such as a pension scheme and possibly equity
- Own space to work and own computer
- Regular team socials and free snacks/lunches
- Flexible holiday
- Opportunity to make a real impact on the business
- Collaborative environment to both learn from others and mentor
If you are interested to hear more about this role or the fin tech scene in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Direct: +44 (0) 203 137 9572
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.