Our client combines distributed computing, simulation and machine learning to recreate the second by second dynamics of city transport networks. These mirror worlds give both people and autonomous agents the ability to foresee the near future of the flows of people, goods and vehicles in the environment around them and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
Using this technology, they’ve developed an autonomous fleet scheduling and dispatch system that’s being adopted by some of the biggest public transport operators in Europe. Now looking for a great frontend developer to help roll out this system to more clients.
A fast growing and diverse team of urban modelling experts, software engineers and data scientists, driven by a shared desire to improve the world around them, to bring something impactful and unique to market and to create a rewarding, fun, working environment. The culture is built around mutual respect, a drive to delight customers and a passion for innovation. They value independent thinking, hard work and honesty.
You will help build great software that people will love interacting with for many hours every day, software that helps staff and managers deliver business transformation through automation and unlock more time for higher value, creative system planning and design.
You will take a lead in software design, implementation and testing for the front end components of the system, working in a fast paced, iterative development process on a dynamic product that is evolving rapidly. You will be involved with all stages of development, from initial feature conception through to new version release and testing with our customers. You will have the freedom to determine the most appropriate tools and technologies needed to get the job done and influence the long term strategy for product engineering and the strategic future of our frontend tech stack. You will be working within a cross-functional team where you will share responsibility for software development, integration and deployment process, ensuring the quality and reliability of the product.
Over time, they are planning on growing a dedicated web development team that will take ownership of building robust, scalable, customer-facing software. Regardless of the team configuration, they would like to see you taking ownership and technical leadership as you grow in experience with the company. Offering in-house and external training opportunities, they’re keen to support the further career development of employees.
What they’re looking for:
- Experience with modern web development processes using Node.js, WebPack, etc.
- Understanding of client-side performance and cross browser compatibility
- Experience working with RESTful interfaces and an understanding of API design
- Experience with testing framework(s) such as Jest, Enzyme
- Experience with designing UI components using software such as Figma
- Passion for building maintainable, scalable software
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of projects
- You can offer your opinion and respectfully reason with people, but equally commit to the direction decided by the majority after being heard
Also of value:
- Experience in scientific data visualisation
- Experience with mapping interface
- Experience with WebGL
- Experience building real-time applications