This is a fantastic opportunity to become an FPGA Developer in one of the Core Engineering teams of a global tech-focused market maker that have experienced consistent, ground-breaking success in the high frequency trading space. With a company culture that’s competitive yet collaborative, they leverage the most advanced technology to ensure they have the fastest and most reliable trading systems in the world.
You’ll join a talented team of engineers where your main focus will be producing highly reliable FPGA designs, aiming for the lowest latency possible. FPGA Engineers here own end-to-end development and your job will be to design and develop highly advanced trading systems to be used by core revenue generating teams across the entire organisation. Similar to software teams, you’ll iterate and release multiple times a week.
To excel in this position you should have a solid foundation in both RTL (Register Transfer Level) design and software engineering. Additionally, you should have an interest in utilizing software engineering techniques to enhance the efficiency of hardware development processes.
The successful FPGA Engineer will be a creative problem-solver, with a strong work ethic, and the drive to continually learn and improve.
- Expertise in the development of VHDL or SystemVerilog targeting either FPGA or ASIC
- Software development experience with a language such as C++ or Python, etc.
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and Ethernet
- Curiosity to know how the systems you build fit into the trading activities
- Degree from a top-tier university, ideally in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Great base salaries + bonuses
- Flat, transparent structure with autonomy to deliver solutions
- Generous benefits package, including commuting expenses, breakfast and lunch facilities, regular social activities and more
- Direct business impact with short feedback loop
- Leadership and training opportunities