One of the world’s largest hedge funds, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most prestigious technology teams in systematic trading in a wide-ranging development role.
This is a great time to join as engineering is currently undergoing significant investment. The team works very closely with the trading and research teams, building the tools, platforms and algorithms that drive the centralised global trading operation.
You can expect a range of work, from building new execution algorithms and platforms, to developing tools for manual traders and monitoring capability, through to post-trade performance analysis and optimising software for all aspects of the trading lifecycle.
The majority of the company’s systems run on Linux and most code is written in Java, with some Python and Typescript.
You will need to have a keen interest in quantitative financial trading markets. Previous experience with almost any asset class will be an advantage.
- Expert software developer in Java
- Excellent database / SQL skills – ideally Oracle, MongoDB
- Exceptional communication skills are essential
- Proponent of strong software engineering techniques and agile methods, and comfortable working on both Linux and Windows
- Degree with high mathematical and computing content – Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc. – from a top-tier university
- Experience with FIX is a significant advantage
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and sponsorship
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Flat-structured, transparent and collaborative environment, ‘no-attitude’ culture
- Regular social events, plus annual company trips and team offsites