A team lead opportunity to work closely alongside multiple strategists, traders and quant teams in one of the best teams in a world-renowned investment bank.
My client is looking for a senior hands-on technical lead for their FX etrading technology team. In this position you will be leading a growing team, as well as interacting across multiple business lines and providing innovative solutions.
You must have a demonstrative ability in analyzing technical and business problems and make intelligent technical decisions. The ideal candidate will be required to have excellent code development skills and have a strong understanding of financial markets, and experience leading a team.
My client provides an array of investment banking, investment management, securities and wealth management services. They are a tech-driven banking firm, with heavy investment in technology: they look to stay ahead of competitors. You will be working alongside only the most talented individuals coming from a variety of backgrounds.
You will participate in strategist projects to deliver functionality to traders and structurers. You must have a demonstrative ability to work closely with all areas of the business to deliver efficient, well-executed solutions in a timely manner.
In addition you’ll be expected to lead a team which is growing and be involved in their expansion. Candidates from all OO backgrounds are encouraged to apply; providing you have a willingness to learn and cross-train into Java, my client would love to speak to you in more detail.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Exceptional programming skills (3+ years experience) from a strong technical background – also willingness to cross-train in other languages – specifically Java.
- Experience in OO design and ability to manage the full SDLC.
- Experience in financial markets.
- Experience leading or mentoring a team.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be reporting directly to the business and communicating with a global team, strategists and other stakeholders.
Benefits & Incentives:
- Fantastic salary – up to £125k, plus lucrative IB bonus.
- Good work-life balance.
- Comprehensive healthcare alongside generous pension contributions.