This is a unique opportunity where you’ll have the chance to shape and improve technical operations. The company is a relaxed but hardworking elite prop trading firm, looking for an exceptional technical operations specialist to oversee several production trading and research environments. They are scientific, tech-driven and they invest heavily in their engineering teams.
A high impact role, you will collaborate closely with traders, developers, quant researchers, data engineers and infrastructure teams to deeply understand how the whole system works through the trading lifecycle from front to back office. It will be your job to ensure operational efficiency and constantly be on the look-out for ways to improve technical operations.
As the tech lead, you will also be mentoring and coaching team members, while planning strategies and identifying priorities that meet the needs of the business going forward.
This is a brand new role offering the chance to define and shape a position that interacts with all functions across the business. The successful DevOps Tech Lead will have outstanding communication skills and a positive mindset, with a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role with leadership experience
- Proven track record in a front office environment, working closely with traders to identify and implement operational improvements
- Experience building and automating all kinds of trading operations tasks using scripting languages (e.g. Python/bash), including configuration checks, monitoring, reliability report generation, etc.
- Efficient, diligent and skilled at simultaneously driving multiple projects through to completion
- Self-motivated, with outstanding level of attention to detail and quality
- Experience with: KPI-based monitoring/alerting and creation of performance dashboards, eg. Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Knowledge of standard IT and software engineering tooling, such as git, Jira, Teamcity, Confluence, Prefect, Ansible, etc.
Culture / Benefits:
- Excellent base salary + bonus potential + benefits
- Upside of a start-up with the benefits of an established company
- No dress code, catered offices and regular social events
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems with significant impact