Founded by experienced high-frequency traders, this Amsterdam-based prop trading firm prides itself on a relaxed working environment which is crucial to their continued success. They’re looking for a proactive Engineer to take ownership of the database and related technologies, ensuring the continuous availability of the database.
Your primary responsibility will be setting up automation/DevOps-style components focused heavily on automation. The workload is varied, but tasks will include managing and implementing database monitoring, proactively identifying & solving bottlenecks and design issues, as well as organising workshops and training for team members.
If you do your best work in a highly collaborative working environment where everyone’s ideas are valued, and knowledge is shared, this role would be perfect for you!
- Must have previous experience as a Database Engineer, DBA, or similar
- Excellent proficiency in MySQL, and a good understanding of PostgreSQL
- Experience in Linux environments
- Shell scripting skills in professional setting
- Interest in exploring Big Data and data storage
- Experience with Python scripting, Airflow and/or Terraform is beneficial
- Relocation assistance to Amsterdam is provided if necessary
- Competitive base salary & contribution-focused bonus
- Very nimble, fluid organisational structure, work directly with the founders
- No bureaucracy, red tape or layers of sign-off
- Laid-back, friendly environment with personal/professional growth prospects