Perfect opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join a fast-growing and diverse tech start-up. They combine distributed computing, unique simulation technology and machine learning to create predictive ‘urban models’ used in the public sector to estimate the impact of any near-future changes.
This a fantastic chance to play a central role in a very exciting and ambitious product development phase. You will work directly with the Head of R&D, Head of Product Delivery and Data Scientists, delivering cutting-edge ML applications to support the provision of their autonomous dispatch system. Work is varied: responsibilities can include developing data ingestion pipelines, developing and training of probabilistic prediction models, and the creating and running of simulated scenarios.
This role would be perfect for a creative individual who enjoys working in different problem areas, able to drive a project from inception through delivery. You will also be a skilled communicator, adept at listening just as much as giving opinions.
- Solid programming skills in at least one language – Python preferred
- Strong maths background, with experience using statistical inference and an understanding of Bayesian inference, and/or developing multi-agent simulation and Reinforcement Learning environments
- Proven track record applying analytical skills to problems such as data collection, analysis, visualisation, problem-solving, reporting, etc.
- Understanding of database concepts and SQL
- Probabilistic programming using Stan, PyMC3 or Tensorflow-Probability is desirable
- Great opportunity to be part of a collaborative, creative environment where you work truly has a direct impact
- Competitive salary + generous benefits package
- Join an early-stage start-up at this exciting and critical time when you can help shape the future of the company
- In-house and external training opportunities and genuine career development; healthy work-life balance with remote-friendly workplace