My client is a global quantitative and systematic investment manager, operating in all liquid asset classes across the world. A technology and data driven group implementing a scientific approach to investing. Combining data, research, technology, and trading expertise has shaped the collaborative mindset, enabling them to solve the most complex challenges. They have a culture of innovation which continuously drives their ambition to deliver high quality returns for investors.
Seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to be an integral member of the Data team. Working closely with trading and research functions to provide reference data, external reporting and generate reports for Front office use across different teams. In this role, you will interact with the business and have the chance to understand and build products to fit their requirements. You will have the opportunity to develop highly scalable and performant solutions, while partnering with various stakeholders, including Engineering and Research/Execution teams. This position has high visibility across the business and every project will directly impact trading decisions. Prior experience with financial data is beneficial but not necessary; talented developers without a background in financial services are welcomed and will be provided with training and guidance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop scalable performant services using best practices.
- Write automated tests, maintain, and scale delivery/integration pipelines.
- Make all the reference data available for different asset types, ensuring good data quality.
- Taking care of all the Realtime/EOD reports to internal or external parties.
- Working in both C# and Python
- Automation of all life cycle events like corporate actions/coupon payments etc. for all asset types
- Exposure to trades and positions and maintaining proper checks to make it in line with executions.
- Expert C# programming, design, and architecture, in addition to a strong understanding and experience with Python
- Knowledge of testing as part of continuous delivery and integration pipelines.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively in a small, close-knit team.