Salary: c.£130-140k base + bonus | Experience: 5-10+ years
Our client is a small but established hedge fund in Geneva, now looking to expand with a new London office following three back-to-back record-breaking years. A systematic FX fund, they have the ethos of a start-up, and have recently moved into Futures, with an eye to becoming multi-asset in the future.
Their CTO is now building out a small tech team in London as they continue to go from strength to strength.
Working closely with the CTO, you’ll help establish their London operations as one of the first UK hires, and the first data engineer. All of their systems are built in the latest F# .Net technology, with low-latency code underpinning their trading and execution platforms.
In this role, your main focus will be the development of new pipelines to extract, transform and load financial data from disparate sources. Mostly greenfield work, you’ll build out the company’s data collection platform to incorporate new sources and markets, and validate the quality of imported data.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong .Net development experience, and an interest in F# would be great
- Computer Science degree (or other STEM subject) from a top-tier university
- Good understanding of algorithmic complexity and data structures
- Experience in financial markets is required
Nice to haves:
- Experience with vendor data providers e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, CME, etc.
- Previous exposure to gRPC, SQL, InfluxDB and high volume tick data a plus.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including regular trips abroad
- Huge potential for growth and increased responsibility
- Supportive and friendly working environment in beautiful central London office
- Brand new role that you can make your own