Our client is a leading quant and systematic hedge fund, leveraging their deep knowledge of trading, technology and operations to deliver high-quality, uncorrelated returns. Seeking a Data Engineer to join their Singapore team who has experience collaborating with global colleagues to develop industrial-strength software components.
As part of the Data Science and Engineering group, your main focus will be gathering, pre-processing and distributing multiple raw data sources at scale for investment research, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries and so on. You’ll also productize the full pipeline from dataset acquisition to deployment of predictive modelling processes.
This opportunity offers a dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent opportunities for career growth. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running on day one and be an exceptional communicator.
- Strong development skills in Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related)
- Experience with data mining applications, preferably finance-related
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL tech
- Solid experience developing, scripting, debugging and performance tools in a Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent critical and analytical problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge and/or interest in trading and financial markets
- Experience with highly available distributed systems
- Experience with web application development
- Great opportunity to be part of a tech-driven environment with close collaboration between desks
- Market-leading compensation + generous benefits
- Relaxed, friendly culture, with a regular socials