Our new data team is looking to support the growth of systematic and quantitative strategies by building a best-in-class data platform. We are building new systems to support the ingestion, processing and distribution of big data sets alongside capabilities in the high-frequency tick data space.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help architect and build this new data platform. The system will support a diverse array of big datasets, including core symbology, fundamentals, alternative data and tick-derived data. We will also provide an underpinning data model and data access/serving.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building distributed data platforms for both batch and streaming data. This role will provide the opportunity to have a significant business change impact, and, if desired, to work across a broad range of data engineering disciplines, including low latency market data.
- Significant experience in architecting and building distributed data systems
- Experience with streaming datasets (likely meaning you’re from a quant/HFT trading firm)
- Project/technical leadership roles
- Experience with non-equity asset classes
- Experience of more than one firm’s stacks
- Experience with distributed compute (spark, dask, ray, etc.) and NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, etc.)
- Desire to work on a broad range of projects (including the tick data architecture if interested)