Our client is one of the leading absolute return/hedge fund managers, overseeing assets on behalf of institutional investors from around the world, including pension funds, endowments, insurance companies, government agencies, private banks, and fund of funds.
The firm currently manages over $35bn and engages predominantly in discretionary directional and relative value trading in fixed income, FX markets, and equities. In 2022, they launched a division to manage crypto and digital asset strategies.
Employees currently number over 1,100 worldwide, including over 300 investment professionals, located in London, Jersey, Geneva, New York, Austin, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi. This global presence gives them the ability to identify and source attractive investment opportunities, as well as investment management talent wherever they may be. They’ve won several industry awards for excellence in risk management, operational robustness, and investment performance.
Seeking a hands-on developer/financial engineer to work with discretionary macro portfolio managers: liaise with the portfolio managers, understand their data and analytics needs and build tools to meet those needs, work with the central data team to onboard new data sets. The team will work closely with portfolio managers across the firm, compliance and risk management function in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must possess strong knowledge of the fixed income markets, analytics, and products. Knowledge of one of government bond market, interest rate derivatives, or macro volatility / options is a must.
Ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with a trading desk either on sell- or buy-side who is passionate and can deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Build data and analytics applications for macro trading business
- Automate and support the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes from various market data vendors and internal operational data stores.
- Aggregate data across multiple platforms and vendors
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and products
- Broad knowledge & experience of database concepts with proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of noSQL databases and big data technologies
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem technologies and data infrastructure (workflow management engines, databases, storage & file systems, analytics platforms)
- Experience in processing large and complex datasets
- Knowledge of financial data (security master, tick & bars pricing data, etc.), a plus with experience in Bloomberg, Refinitiv
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Expertise in Python
- Knowledge of Linux, SQL, git and Murex
- Java/C++/Rust/Go is a plus
- Experience with KDB or similar high performance time series processing technology is a plus