This is one of the world’s top algorithmic trading firms, looking for a Data Engineer to join their London team – ideally with Python experience. A community of self-starters from multiple tech backgrounds – maths, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering – they have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development with data at its core.
This role offers the opportunity to be a critical part of the trading process where you’ll work side by side with live trading teams to support one of the largest automated trading systems in the world. You’ll be tasked with writing automation, exploring data, collaborating with research and trading colleagues and liaising with a variety of external partners. You’ll also acquire, analyse and prepare data for quantitative research.
If you eat, sleep and breathe data, and can solve complex problems quickly, this role would be perfect for you!
- Previous experience in financial markets or working for a financial institution
- 2+ years’ data engineering experience OR a Computer Science degree (or similar)
- Solid experience in at least one of: PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MYSQL, and comfortable using other SQL dialects as the job requires
- Experience with Python would be hugely advantageous
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Able to provide technical support in a production trading environment
- ETL pipelines experience is beneficial
- Track record of working successfully in a collaborative/cross-team environment
- Market-leading salary + bonuses + generous benefits package
- Huge flexibility on remote / work-from-home
- Truly flat management structure, with no red tape
- Friendly, informal yet highly rewarding work culture
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems with significant impact