A world-class hedge fund is looking for an experienced Quant Developer with exceptional comms to support commodity trading by building and supporting custom models, tools and analytics for Portfolio Managers and traders.
You’ll need to be comfortable delivering solutions in a fast-paced trading environment, and your main focus will be the day-to-day operation and monitoring of the prop commodity systems. A hands-on QD, you’ll collaborate with technology teams across the business to build interfaces with other systems, as well as providing support for the platform and developing written documentation of infrastructure.
This role would suit someone who works well autonomously and has experience of commodities and trading. The culture here is second-to-none: new ideas are always welcomed, career development is encouraged and the benefits offered are world-class.
- 3+ years’ hands-on development experience (working directly with PMs and traders preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Python, including scientific libraries (pandas, numpy, scipy, etc.), plus experience of at least two other languages
- Strong knowledge of commodities, or alternative asset classes
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with modern software development practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) – minimum 2.1 or 3.5 GPA
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- High-performance engineering culture with the change to work with industry leaders