Salary: £130,000 – 150,000 base + 50-100% bonus
Fantastic opportunity for a modern C++ developer (14 or later) to join the core Fixed Income and Commodities Technology group at one of the world’s most prestigious hedge funds. This team is the backbone of their cross-asset Risk and PnL system for all Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit and FX products. This system is running 24/7 for the past 10 years and is a real-time, highly distributed platform that is being rebuilt into a next-generation platform.
They’ve got a fantastic name in the industry with good reason; paying strong salaries on both base and bonus, and a good tech culture, which is both collegial and dynamic.
You will be building the next-generation analytics library in C++17 and 20. Greenfield work, you’ll be building the distributed pricing platform – utilising Kubernetes, microservices, AWS and Docker on multithreaded systems. You will get a lot of product exposure whilst working closely with other teams (research, trading, middle office) within FI, Commodities, Credit and FX.
Skills and Experience Required
- Substantial experience with modern C++ (C++14, ideally later) on Linux
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related) from a top-tier university
- Strong financial knowledge – FI pricing and Risk analytics, Commodities, Credit, FX
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Python or Java experience is highly advantageous
- Bonus points for experience with cross-asset pricing and risk systems
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong salary + bonuses
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Generous benefits package