Our client is a global investment management firm currently recruiting Software Developers with a focus on the .NET platform. This is a small team of researchers and software developers analysing and trading financial and other markets. They develop tools for the in-house services and identify new opportunities for trading. The day-to-day work is evidence-driven and supported by highly automated processes.
They enjoy a collaborative environment with colleagues from a solid science and programming background. The London office is conveniently based in the City.
You will be exposed to creating and maintaining their own applications based around a C#/.NET/SQL Server/ASP.NET universe. Many projects are greenfield projects and allow you to make your own mark on the development process early on.
What you’ll bring with you
Looking for someone that can demonstrate the following:
- Education to BSc level in Computer Science or a related scientific subject
- Recent experience in C# and the .NET platform
- You’re expected to have worked with the latest version of the .NET platform
- Database experience (SQL Server, Oracle or equivalent)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- High-level aptitude for technology
Desired, but not essential:
- Experience in web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JSP, ASP.NET)
- Experience in multithreaded application development
- Network programming experience (TCP/UDP)
- Experience in Distributed Version Control (PlasticSCM, Git, Hg or other)
- Strong understanding of Windows technologies
Candidates with no prior experience in the financial industry are explicitly welcome.
What they offer
- Fair remuneration based on your experience and interview performance.
- Opportunity to grow with your responsibilities, and long-term progression.
- Exposure to the latest technology and software.
- A non-corporate environment with a friendly team and flat hierarchy. Work that is free of bureaucracy and focused on ideas and solutions.
- You may also expect the obligatory gym membership, a pension scheme, team outings, daily snacks, and so on.
- A good work-life balance and healthy living is encouraged – while also enjoying the occasional pizza lunch and office cake.