Salary: circa £130k base + £40k bonus
Experience: 3 – 6 years
Fantastic chance for a modern C++ engineer to join the core Fixed Income and Commodities Technology group at one of the world’s most prestigious hedge funds. It’s an exciting time for this team, as they craft a cutting-edge, cloud-native intraday Pricing, Risk, and P&L platform – empowering the fund to make the best-informed investment decisions.
Greenfield work, in this role you’ll take ownership of the whole SDLC; developing new – and supporting existing – microservices that make up the distributed risk calculation system. You will get a lot of product exposure whilst working closely with other teams (research, tech, trading, middle office) within FI, Commodities, Credit and FX.
The codebase is written in C++20, utilising such open-source technologies as Google RPC, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
To be successful, you will enjoy facing off to the business and have outstanding problem-solving skills. A background in big tech or finance would be highly advantageous.
Skills and Experience Required
- 3+ years’ professional experience with modern C++ (at least C++17, ideally later)
- Good understanding of standard design patterns and data structures
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Maths, Computer Science (or other STEM field) from a top-tier university
- Strong programming skills with clean reliable code
- Modern development stack: source control, CI/CD, containers, etc.
- Experience with: Linux, Python, Java, Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of statistics, stochastic processes, discrete math, etc.
Benefits & Incentives
- Significant salary + a bonus tied to profits / trading strategy success
- Greenfield work / big impact
- Very collaborative culture, ideas are implemented
- Work-from-home opportunities