One of the world’s largest hedge funds, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most prestigious technology teams in systematic trading in a wide-ranging development role. With a flat-structured, ‘no-attitude’ working environment, this is a great time to join as engineering is currently undergoing significant investment.
Part of a larger Front Office technology group, you will join a small team of polyglot developers working in highly optimised C++17 and Python. You’ll be contributing to a modern C++ codebase, while developing the core of the high performance timeseries database (storing >500TB of data today) which underpins the firm’s data platform. You’ll also collaborate with users to develop analytics capabilities, plus designing and deploying systems to provide production resiliency.
The successful C++ Platform Engineer will be highly motivated and product focused, comfortable facing off to stakeholders across the business.
- 1 – 4 years’ modern C++ skills (C++17 and higher would be ideal)
- Degree with high mathematical and computing content – Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc. – from a top-tier university
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of technical expertise
- Experience building a database or storage product
- Python knowledge and experience with Pandas, NumPy, Spark would be beneficial
- Bonus points for experience with QuasarDB or QuestDB
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and sponsorship
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Flat-structured, transparent and collaborative environment, ‘no-attitude’ culture
- Regular social events, plus annual company trips and team offsites