My client is looking for a C# Lead Performance Engineer to develop the next generation Front and Back end solutions for their Options and Delta 1 trading teams. These solutions will require greenfield development of tooling and back-end functionality to ensure the efficient dissemination and delivery of information to traders.
This is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, they are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Their mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, they participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Lead Engineer in this team, you’ll be driving the C# Vision and developing end to end functionality for the desktop applications that run the trading business. Central to this function is the continuous performance improvement of the systems that run Global Trading Applications. You will have the opportunity to work on other parts of the systems and have an impact on numerous areas of the business. Activities range from:
- Architecting and implementing back-end solutions to increase performance of traders’ desktop applications
- Profiling and improving the performance of trading applications
- Designing and developing user interfaces able to deal with the busiest market conditions reliably
- Improving, investigating and automating the workflow of traders
Desktop applications are mainly written in C# with WPF running on Windows.
You will need to have extensive experience with this technology stack or similar desktop UI toolkits. You will be expected to lead the vision for this Technology Stack on the Trading floor, engaging Technologists and Trading teams alike to deliver performance.
You will get to work closely with trading and research stakeholders on a day to day basis, understanding the needs of the business, immediately seeing the impact of your changes, and receive meaningful feedback from technologically minded stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Software Engineer with a genuine and deep desire to write performance-driven, clean, scalable code and a strong interest in delivering highly impactful architectural and strategic solutions
- A pragmatic approach to developing solutions without over-engineering or creating unnecessary complexity
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals, namely data structures and algorithms, memory, concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems, relational databases, etc.
- Someone who can be a thought leader and contribute to strategic decision-making, as well as at an implementation level
- As their frontend desktop applications are mainly written in C# with WPF running on Windows, you will either need to have extensive experience with this platform and either of these languages or be more than willing to learn on the job. Next to C#, we also extensively use Python and other languages, such as C++ and Python, and you are therefore expected to be willing and able to learn new languages quickly. They have an agnostic approach to our technology use; focusing on how to engineer a robust solution, less so the specific technology
- Prior financial experience is not required but a strong desire to learn the business is a must
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance-based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. They combine profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool, fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. They’re also accustomed to guiding expats through relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.