This is a superb opportunity for a proactive and pragmatic engineer to join an award-winning, tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm in London. You will be part of the team that builds software for their research cluster – one of the largest in the world, and still growing.
Based in London, they are looking to expand their exchange trading development team with a developer well-versed in modern C++ (C++11 onwards). This role has a company-wide impact, where everything the team builds is used in-house on one of the world’s biggest trading systems (~$300bn/day), all in a completely automated manner.
This role offers a high degree of autonomy, giving you the authority to meet business requirements in the manner and using the software/tools that you see fit. If this approach appeals to you, please get in touch!
- Strong knowledge of C++11 onwards (they have a completely post-2011 codebase)
- Sound understanding of what happens inside a computer when your code is running, e.g. caching, paging & system calls, how these work and why. (Knowledge of execution pipeline in a modern CPU is a bonus.)
- Familiarity with common algorithms and data structures and their performance trade-offs
- Practical experience of independently designing and implementing complex software systems is a plus
- Experience with Linux is a plus (theirs is a Linux environment), but by no means a necessity
- Financial experience is not required
- Competitive compensation package
- Challenging work within a truly flat structure; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Very direct impact on the PnL, with very little bureaucracy
- Generous benefits package, including extensive medical & wellbeing provision, pension, onsite gym & sauna, fitness classes and regular staff social events