Salary: Up to £150k + bonus
Lively, positive spirit of a start-up, with the stability of a longer-established player, this leading quant firm is looking for talented software developers skilled in C++ (ideally C++ 17/20 or Python). You will join the centralized trading team which provides strategy oversight, market knowledge, plus technical and analytical capabilities to the quant trading teams.
Developers here are highly valued and well-rewarded for hard work, and as a result, are some of the brightest minds from across the trading, tech and start-up industries. In this role, you will be responding to emerging economic conditions and breaking news, enabling the quant trading teams to do their absolute best work as you provide them with fine-tuned algorithmic strategies.
This team performs an important research function within the firm, so you will also gain exposure to the development of new tools and performing strategy analysis in order to better understand the markets.
This group sits outside of trading teams, but is pivotal to the success of the company. Long term there is the possibility to move into a trading group.
The successful C++ Developer will be inquisitive and self-driven, a skilled communicator, and a technologist who has a passion for trading.
- Highly analytical mind – in thinking critically, identifying patterns & decision-making
- Minimum 2+ years’ programming experience – C++ and/or Python
- Ideally experience with C++ 17/20
- Self-starter, who is always looking for ways to improve the business
- Excellent understanding of Linux administration
- High performance computing / stats or ML / computer architecture experience
- Keen interest in and desire to learn about HFT and financial markets
NB: Please do not apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner